- Is S.L.A.A. For Me?
Find an S.L.A.A. Meeting
Open a New Meeting in Your Area
For Partners and Family
- Group and Member Resources
- Visit the Online Store
Contact Fellowship-Wide Services
Please select the most appropriate link for your question.
All requests for posting or changing items on the F.W.S. Website are subject to a review process.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Are there Meetings in My City? Go to http://directory.slaafws.org. Everything we have is there.
- Meetings for Spouses/Family? Go to http://www.slaafws.org/family
- How do I Attend a Meeting? There are no "sign-ups" or registration, simply show up. If you are traveling a great distance and if the meeting provides email or phone contact, you may want to contact them to verify that they are still meeting.
What is an S.L.A.A. Intergroup?
An Intergroup is a regional service center made up of representatives from local S.L.A.A. Groups. The combined resources of several Groups in an Intergroup provide effective and widespread outreach to those seeking help for sex and love addiction.
What are the functions of an Intergroup?
- Maintain and provide a Local Meeting List to the Community
- Relay important S.L.A.A. information and news from F.W.S.
- Encourage and Promote Different Types of Meetings
- Sponsor Special Meetings, Retreats or Conferences
- Elect and send a Delegate to the Annual Business Meeting
- Hold Special Events for Fun or for Fund-raising
- Determine How Contributions are Used
- Staff Help Lines or Call Centers
- Get the word out to the Community about S.L.A.A. through Outreach
- Publish Intergroup Newsletters
- Maintain an Intergroup Website
- Elect Officers and Other Service Positions
- Maintain Archives/Records for the Intergroup
- Host the International Recovery Convention
If your new or existing S.L.A.A. Group is looking for an Intergroup to join, go to http://directory.slaafws.org. If there is an Intergroup within your area or at a reasonable distance, contact them to request to be added as a member Group. Next, get registered with F.W.S. at http://www.slaafws.org/groupregform. Your new Group should meet 3 times before registering.
But there isn't an Intergroup in my area.
If your Group has no Intergroup established in the region to join, that Group is called a Lone Group. While it is better to have the support of an Intergroup for the resources above, Lone Groups are recognized by Fellowship-Wide Services and are listed individually on the Directory at http://directory.slaafws.org.
Multiple Lone Groups in an area can form an Intergroup, and it is recommended to do so if possible. Please contact F.W.S. for more information at http://www.slaafws.org/contact/Meeting+Questions.