Join the Board of Trustees or Nominate Someone You know
To get started:
Requirements to Serve on the Board of Trustees
- have three years of continuous, self-defined sobriety in S.L.A.A. (Non-S.L.A.A.
members can be on the Board. See below.*)
- have a working knowledge of the 12 Steps and the 12 Traditions of S.L.A.A.
- are willing to commit to a three-year term.
- travel to the Annual Business Conference/Meeting (ABC/M) (7 days) each
summer during their term to participate in Board meetings 3 days before and 1
day after the ABC/M (expenses paid).
- are willing to participate in a minimum of six 3-hour Board conference calls plus
BOT Committee meetings and many email discussions plus liaise with several
- have at least 20-30 hours a month available for BOT service.
- have skills and abilities valuable to the organization.
- have served as non-BOT member of a BOT Committee (BGNC, BPRC, BFOC) for at least 3 months.
- work well in a group dynamic.
- have a functional understanding of group conscience.
- have experience in S.L.A.A. service at the Intergroup and/or Conference level.
- have served as a delegate at the Conference level for at least one year.
*Non-S.L.A.A. Board qualifications
- know and love the S.L.A.A. Fellowship for how it has helped family, friends or clients.
- have skills from such areas as legal, financial and/or business fields.
- bring an added perspective due to being outside the S.L.A.A. program.