Commonly Asked Questions
- Are there Meetings in My City? Please go to slaafws.org/meetings. All meeting information is posted there and updated daily. See instructions on listing results for how to use the information presented.
- I have a question about a specific meeting. We are the F.W.S. Office located in San Antonio, TX. Listings are sent to us by meetings, we have no way of knowing details of activities beyond what is provided to us. Contact the meeting, if possible, for more information.
- How do I start or register a Meeting? Please go to https://slaafws.org/startagroup. All information on starting and registering meetings is there.
- Are There Meetings for Spouses/Partners/Family? Yes, please visit https://slaafws.org/family
- Are There Online or Telephone Meetings? Yes, please visit https://slaafws.org/meetings
- How do I Attend a Meeting? There are no “sign-ups” or registration to attend a meeting, simply show up. If you are traveling a great distance and if the meeting provides email or phone contact, you may want to contact them to verify that they are still active.
- I am in crisis. Can someone call me? S.L.A.A. does not provide a crisis hotline. The best course of action is to seek local counseling and to find an S.L.A.A. meeting at slaafws.org/meetings, whether locally, online, or via telephone and connect with others in the program to find recovery.
If your question is not answered above, please send us an email.